QUALITY AND SAFETY IN HEALTHCARE
This is a stimulating and highly interactive programme for hospital board members and senior executives in hospitals and Healthcare Institutions The workshop targets teams of a minimum of two members and a maximum of five from hospitals and healthcare institutions in Sub Saharan Africa. The target teams will comprise of Board members, Chief Executive Officers, Operating Officers, Chief Physicians, Medical Directors, Directors of Nursing and other quality champions in the industry and allied.
The aims of the workshop are to equip participants to:-
- Review current accountability and responsibility and indicate where and why change is required.
- Showcase evidence-based solutions plus local and international best practice.
- Discuss solutions to regional challenges of implementation and enforceability.
- Examine practical ways of improving clinical standards, managing infection control and protecting the patients.
- Explore patient’s rights in fostering a patient safety culture and the role medical ethicsplays in advocating quality.
- Adopt an action focused approach to strengthening leadership and ensure hospitalgovernance systems that promote quality and patient safety.
- Identify the principles of building a quality & safety strategy and supporting businesscase for quality and patient safety, with efficient use of organizational resources.
- Identify a range of improvement projects and techniques.
- Identify and prepare leaders in the quality agenda and strategies for staff and patientengagement into the process.
- Commit to an improvement programme which sets specific organizational objectivesand plans to ensure successful corporate and clinical governance.
Key questions for Boards and Managers:
- Does your board know what it will take to deliver high quality & safe care, and what actions are required to achieve excellent clinical governance in a changing world?
- How can your board more effectively engage with clinical staff and patients in your quality and safety agenda?
- How will your board and senior team handle and learn from serious and high profile adverse events?
- Can we link quality, safety, satisfaction, and cost issues into strategy and an effective operating plan?
- How can your board and senior management team have a significant impact on improving quality whilst maintaining optimum performance?
Continual Improving the Quality of Services and Safeguarding High Standards of Care
• Identifying and Assessing Clinical Risks
• Managing Clinical Effectiveness
• Application of Health Technology to Health Care Delivery
• Using Evidence based Approach to Clinical Risk Management